Menu
KHammond
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No home phone for 8 days

My internet and home phone went down at 0230 hrs 23rd July after checking all leads and plugs got internet but still no home phone. This is required for my wife’s lifeline alarm and is very important and it means I cannot leave her alone now. Due to the amount of time trying to contact you to get an engineer to sort the problem which keeps on happening I will no course left but to cancel my direct debit and go to a company that will provide a working service.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No home phone for 8 days

Hi KHammond,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the landline,

Can you please advise if you've tested a different handset? And if you're plugged into the main socket, or an extension?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
KHammond
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone plugged into router have tried another phone. All the other times this happed it was faulty connector blocks.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks KHammond,

Just running through diagnostics, I can see it's been nearly a week since the hub has been rebooted, can you please do this for me?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
KHammond
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have rebooted the router but still nothing. I had this system installed on 24/09/19 , it failed and an engineer called on 30/09/19 and said a contractor fitted the system and used inferior parts which he replaced,. It failed again and an engineer came on 13/11/19 to sort out the problem again. It has also failed on two other occasions but I managed to sort it by unplugging and restating all connections. For it to fail again and still not having it working after 9/10 days and not to be able to get a response of an engineer I feel that this is a very poor reflection on your service. My wife needs urgently her lifeline working due to her many medical issues including her last a massive stroke affecting all of her right side and speech. My own problems are fighting a rare and aggressive cancer. At our age of late 70,s and 80,s we are finding this very stressful. We are not engineers and have very little knowledge of these technical things. Surely it is not too much to ask that you give us a service and send out an engineer.  I repeat that I will have to stop my direct debit because you are not providing a service that I am paying for. I will have to highlight your very poor service in the press but I do not think that you are concerned in the slightest as you will just that money and supply now service whatever.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that KHammond,

I understand your need to get this working as quickly as possible, I just needed you to reboot as I went through diagnostics, 

I've arranged for an engineer to visit you, you can check on the time and date of this appointment via your online account here

Kind regards,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos