cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No engineer appointment booked as promised by customer service

jankop
Joining in

In an email from Virgin Media regarding changes to my home phone service due to be made on 13th September I was instructed to ring the customer service centre to request an engineer visit to install extra cables as my home phone and hub are in different locations in my house.  If this doesn’t happen I will lose my phone service. 

I called 150 last Wednesday, 5th July 2023, and during a frustrating call where I had to repeat the same information several times and answer the same questions a few times I was eventually told an appointment for an engineer would be sent to me within 24 hours via a text message, I confirmed my mobile phone number with the agent.  I was also told that customer services are not in a position to book me an appointment over the phone.

No such appointment seems to have been made as far as I know, no messages received and I can’t see anything listed on My Virgin Media page.

Is any way to find out if the information was actually passed on within Virgin Media and that my appointment is somewhere within the system waiting to be confirmed?  How long do I wait before deciding that no appointment was actually made as a result of my call?

I’m reluctant to call again and go through the same frustrating process if it is an internal time related delay.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

4 REPLIES 4

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jankop,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get confirmation that an engineer has been booked for your Landline Migration, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

Firstly, if you have access to your Online Account, you can check to see if you have an engineer's appointment by logging in and looking under "Orders". This will tell you what is booked and when. 

I can see on my side that this may have been booked correctly for you, however I have limited access to information without going into a private message so please go onto your Online Account to check what time and date it's booked on 😊

If you have any issues logging on or can't see this appointment under Orders, please let me know and I can help further!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thank you, I have found it on my account (eventually) but still wondering why customer services were advising I would get a text within 24 hours and then nothing? 

Thanks for coming back to me Jankop, 

I'm glad you were able to find the appointment 😁 

I'm sorry that you didn't receive the text message after the phone call with our agent, they were correct - You would normally receive a confirmation text so I am sorry this didn't come through to you. You should receive another text 24 hours before the appointment as a reminder about the visit.

You can check if your contact number is correct on your Online Account too, this might be why you didn't receive it 😊 

Please let me know if you need help updating your contact mobile number!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thank you, I have now received a text message confirming the appt and my mobile number was correct as I checked with customer services when I made the initial call.  Engineer should be here in 2 days time.  Thank you for your assistance.