cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No engaged tone and international ringing on VOIP service

fedup31
Joining in

Post Virgin changing my mothers line to VOIP in early October the line now has an international ringing style when rung ?

Also when she is on the phone and someone else calls, the new caller no longer gets engaged tone ? (Call waiting has been removed by Virgin)

The new caller receives various announcements after some 20 seconds of "number not recognised" or "it has not been possible to connect your call please try later" or the caller gets ringing for a brief burst then silence again.

I have a complaint and a fault open but going round in circles with the service desk and the complaint process 😞

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @fedup31 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing these issues with your Mothers line! Can I just clarify, what do you mean by an international ringing style? Also is your Mum able to make calls OK?

Hello Ashleigh_C,

When you call the Virgin home phone number the caller hears an international ringing and not the traditional UK ringing style. The phone can make calls ok. (I believe there are a number of similar cases posted on this forum)

What is more concerning is the lack of any engaged tones for another calling party when the line is in use? Instead greeted with approx 20 seconds of silence and then various different treatments, "number not recognised" "Please try later" or ringing then cut off.

Thank you for popping back to me @fedup31 

I'm going to pop you a private message so we can grab a bit of information and take a closer look into this account. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.