Menu
9geoffrob
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No dialling tone

Hi.

We have no dialling tone on our landline phones. I have run the service checks and tried a corded phone in the main socket but it's still the same. How am I supposed to book an engineer visit by ringing 150 or the other number if our phone doesn't work? (No other phone available to us). I've spent hours now trying to see how I can book an engineer online without success. Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dialling tone

Thanks for the post 9geoffrob and welcome to our community.

We can see you've been in contact with the team since your post, what did they advise in regards to this? 

How are things today?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
9geoffrob
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had to visit my daughter`s yesterday and again today to use her phone to report our broken landline (I had previously run a test the max 3 times which told me there was no issue!). Initially I was told there actually was an outage in our area and it would be fixed by 10.55pm last night. It has only just been fixed about an hour and half ago today. 

Why is there no facility to report a landline fault online?

Seems pathetic to me that you`re asked to ring one of two numbers to report a landline fault when it`s the landline that`s broken!!

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear that you've had issues with your landline 9geoffrob but glad to hear that it has now been fixed for you.

You should be able to report the loss of service online using our service status page, when there is a fault in your area you should be given an option to register your loss of service with us on that page. You can log a loss of service via pur online chat using this link https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/make-a-complaint and clicking on the broadband, tv, phone button, which will take you into a live chat with our team, who can log this for you.

You can also register your loss of service by sending a text message to our team on 0753 305 1809 and a member of our team would be able to log this for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos