cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialing tone on landline.

Barking
Joining in

I have no dialing tone on my VM landline. I cannot get any incoming nor outgoing calls. Goodness knows how long it has been like this as it is seldom used. Picked it up 6 days ago to make a call and noticed it was dead. Checked the status on VM website and all my services showed up as having no problems. I therefore presumed my phone was not working and the landline was ok as the VM status check said the the landline was problem free. I gave it a few days, hoping it would rectify itself. No such luck! So I purchased a new phone and I still have no dialing tone nor any incoming/outgoing calls. My phone connects to a wall socket and not the hub.

Interestingly, I notice when I check the status of my services today, my broadband is showing up as having problems yet it is working perfectly fine and my landline is showing as perfectly fine and is not working.

I also noticed recently that my broadband was upgraded to 500Mb, yet I received no notificaction that this was happening. Could my required phone connection type, (ie to type that connects into hub) also have changed without me being notified. Have received no adpater, if it has.

Having no working landline and a pay as you go mobile, attempting to contact VM for assistance by phone is not an option. So I have joined the VM Community in the hope of getting some assistance/guidance.

Take care & thanks in advance, Barking!

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Barking 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the phone line issues. I'll send you a PM now to get some details

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Barking,

Following my colleague's post, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can assist you further. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!