cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

hubbinslfc
Tuning in

Hi. Had a power cut in the area yesterday for approx one hour. Once power was restored, noticed that the landline wasn’t working and still no dial tone this morning. Phone was working fine before the power outage. Can somebody please check if there is a fault in the area? Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI hubbinslfc

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the land line. 

Could you please call the service status line on 0800 561 0061 and this will advise on any known outages for your area.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi. No, there aren’t any issues in the area. 

Thank you for checking.

Could you please check all connections are secure and try a different handset if possible?

If the issue persists, please pop back to us here and we can send you a private message as an engineer visit may be required. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi. I’ve tried two different handsets in two different sockets and still not working. Thanks. 

Okay thank you.

I will send you a private message now.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me over private message hubbinslfc.

I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you.

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Vikki - Forum Team