cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

Sjking231019
Joining in

I have had no dial tone for 2 days now and the calls to the 0345 number from my mobile are costing me probably more than the cost of having the landline !!

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you've got an issue with the telephone line and I do want to sort this out for you. 

I've ran a diagnostic and it's showing the line is blocked. Have you got any other telephone's in the property that are 'off the hook'? 

If not - Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for replying John

Both phones are on the hook and the main phone is plugged directly into the main box.

Sarah 

Thanks for coming back to me, Sarah. 

Can you check the below;

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 
• Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 
• Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi I have checked the phone as you said and no other things are plugged in. I took the front off the box last night and plugged the phone in directly but it made no deference.

Thanks for coming back to us.

This will need a tech visit. I'll PM you now to confirm the details.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sjking231019

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in.

This can be tracked and or altered in your online account

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sjking231019

Thanks for letting us know about it working 🙂 I'll go ahead and cancel it for you now 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team