Menu
nOracle80
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone

Hi,

Over the last few weeks the quality of our landline has been gradually deteriorating, with loud buzzing/humming and crackling during calls.  Today we have no dial tone.

I've tried 2 phones, one cordless and one wired, the issue is the same with both.

The online status checker is reporting no errors in the area.

on a side note, I'm often seeing broadband speeds of around 40mbs rather than the 200 we're supposed to have.

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone

Hello @nOracle80,

Welcome to our community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the issues you are having with your landline.

I have located your account using your forums details, I can see some potential errors within your Hub which could be the cause of the buzzing on your landline also. I have now booked an engineer to come to your home, you can track the date and time here, please let me know if this is okay for you, it is the earliest date and time I have free to book for you.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nOracle80
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hayley,
Thanks for the quick response.
I can't find an appointment on my account. If I follow the links to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/reschedule-technician, it asks me sign in and i go round in circles.
0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @nOracle80,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your My VM account - I'll send you a pm to confirm the engineer appointment with you. Look out for the purple envelope at the top of the screen 🙂 

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nOracle80
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now.  Engineer came yesterday and fitted a new junction box.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fabulous @nOracle80

Thanks so much for popping back with an update! Hope all is working for you without issues now?

Hope you have a good Sunday, you know where we are if you need us

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos