Menu
ants0380
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone

I’ve got no dial tone and can’t ring out or in. When I dial my landline from my mobile, it rings on my mobile but the landline doesn’t ring. I’ve tried calling and it directs me to the website because the call centres are closed but the website tells me to call. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone

Good Morning ants0380,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm terribly sorry to see you've been having issues with your phone line

How's the service looking currently? I've looked into the local area and cannot see any issues currently.

Can you tell me if you've been able to try an alternative handset or to see if this is faulty? Can you also advise me if there are any other pieces of equipment connected to the phone line?

If there is, can you try removing them for me and seeing if you can get a dial tone, and receive calls on the landline phone?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
ants0380
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

we’ve tried a different handset and there’s nothing else plugged in

thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response ants0380

Can you tell me if the phone line is plugged into the master socket or if this is plugged into an extension socket?

When using our CV21 services, it's also worth rebooting or even possibly resetting the hub via the pin hole reset option

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
ants0380
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Its plugged straight into the Virgin wall socket.

Not sure what you mean about CV21 service?

thanks 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me ants0380,

My advice in regards to CV21 was more as a benefit for the board as other users may have a similar issue and find that piece of information useful.

In the meantime, I've been able to see we do need an engineer appointment to resolve this for you

If you log into your self-care account, you will be able to see when this is due to take place, and reschedule this if required

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos