Menu
CathD
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone

Hi, I've had no dial tone for several days. I've tried from master socket, and also with a different handset. Line has been getting more and more crackly, and I just noticed that the cover is half hanging off the outside brown box. It looks like there is a loose wire in there, but not sure if it's meant to be like that. Internet and TV are fine.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone

Hi CathD,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to us. Sorry to hear that you have been having landline issues. I've had a remote diagnostic and there doesn't seem to be any outages or issue with the line and it's showing as 'idle' but I'll send you a PM shortly because it may be due to what said regarding the box outside.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
CathD
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,

Thanks for the reply. I've not received any PM from you yet? But the phone is currently making intermittent tiny little short rings, as if it was starting to ring but then it stops. When I pick it up I hear a loud crackling and as if a phone is faintly ringing in the distance. Very strange! 

The box is on an outside wall at the front, so if anyone is in the area, maybe they can take a look? - they don't need access to the house. I've pushed the cover back on as best I can to keep the wires dry, but there are no screws to hold it in place and it doesn't feel very securely attached.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi CathD,

Apologies, I'm not sure why it didn't arrive. I'll try sending again now.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
CathD
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

This is now resolved, thanks. The engineer called and there was a broken pair where the wire comes into the house. All sorted now!

Thanks for your help.

Cath

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Cath,

really happy to hear your all back up and running. If you need any further assistance in the future please come back to us through this page.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos