Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 21 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone

Engineer came yesterday. Migrated landline onto new system/cables. Took landline from wall socket and connected directly to router. Promised I would be up and running within an hour. Still no tone. Phone dead. Tried several handsets. Been on mobile to Virgin for over a hour this morning repeating same tests over and over again and transferred to do the same again at my mobile cost. Still got no tone. Told it would be another 4-5 days and I need a landline as disabled and have lots of medical issues. Terrible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 22 of 41
Flag for a moderator

No landline 6 days now and told could be down another 4-5 days!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi TWIZTWIZ,

Very sorry to hear this is still occurring, I will be able to have a look into this for you. I will send a PM shortly.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 24 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I live in hope. Just checked landline again and still dead. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi TWIZTWIZ,

Are you able to have a look in your Private Message folder to see my message there?

If you're viewing this from a desktop PC or Mac, it will be the envelope in the upper right of your screen.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 26 of 41
Flag for a moderator

absoluely no messages from you. Virgin messages are not coming through to email yet I receive other emails. I'm running on limp mode. When they do eventually arrive they come through in one big drop. Still no landline despite engineer visit, and no further communication from Virgin except I'd be down for an additional 4-5 days on top of 6 already. Don't think anything is being done to be honest. Still dead landline despite hours of calls with virgin media technical help and when I try to complain online I complete forms then get crash reports saying your pages aren't working. Has virgin been held to ransom or whatever as nothing getting fixed and no help to fix my landline to date. Totally unacceptable....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 27 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I am another person from area 20 that has no dial tone. Only just discovered this when someone tried to phone.

If I dial the number you just get a couple of beeps and that's it.

Spent ages trying to get through but kept on hold.

There's obviously a bigger issue here. Us it something to do with the maintenance work that was done earlier in the week?

Please can someone from Virgin Media contact me about this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi TWIZTWIZ,  The message is sent isn't an email. It is a private message on this Community Forum. And can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon. Replying to my message will also be a private message.  Thanks.

Hi Qprreedy, Thanks for you post. Sorry to hear that you are having landline issues, if it were an area related issue then it would be listed here. What happens when you attempt to ring your number?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 29 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It's now saying there's a problem in my area which it didn't say before, so hopefully someone is looking at it.

When I try and dial my phone from my mobile it just gives two quick beeps and then goes silent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @qprreedy 

If the issues still persists after the area outage is resolved then please do let me know and we can do some additional checks from our end. 

Kinds Regards 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos