Than I can look at the issue and see if we can get an engineer booked out 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone

I don't have an alternative phone to test it with.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying gastewart

I am happy to arrange an engineer for you 

However I will need to advise that if the fault lies with the customers equipment then there may be a charge.

It is highly unlikely that this is the case

If you do wish for an engineer to come out, can you check your private message for further information

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 14 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Was promised an engineer between 12-4. Nobody arrived until 5pm. Haven't had landline for 5 days. Engineer said he was migrating me. Still have no landline and now broken links trying to contact Virgin and using other websites plus TV catch up just not connecting in a timely fashion. Just getting spinning wheel. Used all my mobile credit trying to contact Virgin several times. Was promised a call back but nothing. Paying for a service I am not getting. Was leaving last year as was paying for speeds I didn't get, took 3 minutes to open a page! Virgin convinced me to stay and now continually no landline and slow speeds again after working fine for a couple of months. They are a PROPER JOKE!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Was promised engineer between 12-4. Didn't appear to 5pm. No landline now for 5 days. Migrated me to hub. Still no landline and slow internet TV and broken links to contact Virgin online and other websites. Tried ringing virgin again but just hanging on using all my credit. Disgusting service!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Disabled and vulnerable. Still no landline after 5 days and cannot get through to virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Twizttwiz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having an issue with your landline and that the engineer was late after you being left with no landline for five days. 

I can assure you this ins't the level of service we aim to provide and it is disappointing to learn of instances like this. 

Is the phone line now connected through the hub? 

Please let me know as I want to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 18 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Engineer been said he was migrating me from wall socket plug into router and landline would be working within a hour or even quicker.  Still not working. Tried contacting virgin several times via my mobile but just left in automated system until my credit runs out. Getting nowhere. I am disabled and feeling vulnerable as have no phone. I feel very let down yet again!!! Was disconnected a few weeks ago as well. Don't know what else to do. They promised I'd be up and running and they would call me back if credit run out on mobile nearly 4 hours ago. Nothing. Dreadful support!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Yeah was told self test would resolve problem but it showed I didn't have a problem when I've had no landline for 5 days. Engineer came today. Said he migrated me from wall plug to router direct and I would be up and running within an hour. Nearly 4 hours later and no dial tone! Rang virgin several times. Can't get hold of anyone. Just appalling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I've checked our systems and I can see that the migration is still in progress. 

I'm afraid it can take up to 24 hours but as the engineer advised it can be done quicker, it's disappointing it's taken this long for you. 

I'm confident this will be done for you tomorrow so if you could message us on this thread after 5pm tomorrow to let us know if it has been sorted or the landline still isn't working and then we can take it from there. 

In regards to the experience we do fully appreciate the frustration and we will ensure this is fedback to prevent further instances like this. if you are unable to call us again should you need to then you can reply on here or we do have all of our other contact methods here

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos