cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone, phone dead

Steve_M
Dialled in

On Saturday I discovered our home phone was not working.  We have not yet been changed over to the digital system.  I checked the service status and nothing was shown in the area.  I called VM and an engineer was booked for Monday morning.  He duly turned up and said there was a fault in the exchange, loads of peoples phones had gone off, and the network team were on to it.

It’s now Tuesday evening.  The phone’s still not working, and still no fault shown on the service status page so I can’t even see when its due to be fixed.

Can anyone tell me what’s going on?

5 REPLIES 5

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning Steve_M,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've had some issues with the landline.

I've checked from our side and it looks like the network issue has now been resolved, please let me know if you still have problems with the line.

Alex_Rm

Hello

Thanks for your reply.  The phone is still completely dead I’m afraid.

Steve

Thanks for letting me know Steve 🙂

I'll need to arrange an engineer in that case, I've popped you over a private message so I can confirm a few details with you first.

Alex_Rm

Steve_M
Dialled in

The phone is now fixed.  The engineer said he unplugged the line in the cabinet to test it, found it was okay, plugged it back in and the phone then worked.  It must have been a bad connection in the street cabinet.

Hi @Steve_M

Thank you for the update on this. I'm really glad to hear that this has now been addressed and resolved for you.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!