Menu
Andyhc
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone on phone line

I have no dial tone on the home phone, I've done all the checks with the socket etc. and all looks good. The service status says there is no fault in the area and that my equipment is working correctly, which I find difficult to believe because I get an engaged tone when I call my home phone from my mobile and then the call drops immediately.

I have had this problem before, and the service status has said there is no problem, only for a problem to show up hours later and then get fixed.

This keeps happening.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on phone line

Hi Andyhc, 

thanks for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂
I am sorry to hear this, I have checked and there is no outage but I can book a tech if you do not have any sertvice. Let us know

Zoie

0 Kudos
Andyhc
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The service status has just changed to "We know of an issue in your area that results in loss of service " - better late than never. As I said this keeps happening.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, Andyhc,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connections issues with your broadband. I've run some remote diagnostics on your connections and it does indicate that you are currently being affected by a local area fault ref#F008743241 and we are working to get this sorted as quickly as possible. The current ETA fix time is 15 FEB 2021 15:00. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Bernard1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy, just curious as to where abouts in the UK you are.

I am in Kent (near Bromley) and the same thing for me since last Thursday (11-02-21) with working then not working, then when checking service status it's seems to be a case of mixed messages like no there are no area faults and then an hour or so later it says we know of an issue in the area blah blah blah.

Very frustrating to say the least.

Bernard.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bernard1,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've had some issues with the line.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details however and can see you've been able to speak with us to get this resolved 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Bernard1
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes it's all done now thanks.

Kind Regards.

Bernard.

0 Kudos