Menu
scottyboy235
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone on phone line

I'm posting on behalf of my elderly mother whose phone line no longer gives a dial tone.

All the virgin recommended checks have been performed (checking outage in area concerned, plugging phone directly into phone socket) and still nothing - no ring tone. When I try to phone her number sometimes I get no ringing and the call is immediately cancelled.

My mother has one of those pendents for emergency situations which uses the landline - I think you can see what the concern is. If the landline isn't working and there is an emergency then she's got no way of calling for help.

I've tried the virgin help number and it just rings and rings and rings.

How can I get through to someone in Virgin who can assist with this?  It is important that she has access to a working landline number

0 Kudos
scottyboy235
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on phone line

... more information:

house 2 doors down is experiencing the same issue - no dial tone on virgin landline phone.

Saw the Virgin service van parked outside his house this morning so on the off chance went and asked the neighbour if anything was wrong

For him the issue comes and goes - so far had 3 service visits and each time they can't trace the fault. Now Virgin have resorted to installing new cabling - not sure how that'll fix it as his symptoms are the same: internet access is OK but no dial tone when trying to phone

With that in mind have booked and engineer visit for more than 3 days away.

Not very good when it's something as important as this. I'd love to speak to someone at Virgin but it's nigh on impossible to get a call answered on the advertised telephone helpline 

What Is needed is a speedy fix for a reliable phone connection for use by an elderly vulnerable person 

0 Kudos
mikeyh68
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They arnt interested . B90 area and exactly the same problem - cannot make or receive calls . My 87 year old mother has been without a phone for 2 days now and is extremely anxious about it . Disgraceful service by virgin media. Time to goto the press i think .

mike harradence

0 Kudos
scottyboy235
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be a common theme on this forum -

- Mutiple users complaining about lack of dial tone on their Virgin landline phone,

- Extremely difficult, if not impossible to speak to anyone in person

- Website sending you round and round in circles.

- Having to wait several days for an engineer visit

Surely Virgin ***must*** be able to prioritise service fault investigations for those flagged as being at risk/vulnerable?

For what it's worth, we're in area ref: 28

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi scottyboy235,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear your mother is having an issue with her landline, 

Can you confirm if a different handset has been tested?

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details to go through diagnostics. (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
scottyboy235
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Alex_Rm,

Neither of the handsets work when plugged directly into the socket.

A reply has been sent to your pm

Thanks

0 Kudos
scottyboy235
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's all sorted, now got a landline that actually works.

Virgin engineer came round and had a look at the external junction box.
He came back embarrassed and said whoever was in there before disconnected our line (for some unknown reason) & didn't bother reinstating the connection afterwards.

Don't Virgin have procedures in place to prevent this sort of thing from happening?

What a below par service performance

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi scottyboy235,

Cheers for the update. Glad to hear this has been sorted for you. Sorry to hear this had occurred.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos