cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone on my Landline phone.

Stokie_Potter
Joining in

Can anyone help please? I'm due to get my adapter for my hub 3, to switch over in September. I'm getting no dial tone connected to the wall sock. when people ring me it just rings there end, nothing on my end. So i cant make or receive calls. My landline was working on Sunday 13/08/23. They were working in the area of ST2 yesterday on the 15th, my internet went down 5 times during the day. Not worked since as far as i know. My router says telephony disabled so that dont work yet. Only place to contact someone is here as landline dont work & the chat help on the virgin media page is awful. Yes i have checked my equipment and phone line + wires connected. 

9 REPLIES 9

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stokie_Potter,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the line. So I can take a closer look at this for you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

I messaged you back last night, had no reply.

Stokie_Potter
Joining in

Anyone available to help? Not been able to access my landline for incoming or outgoing calls since Tuesday.

Stokie_Potter
Joining in

On Wednesday evening i posted here about my Landline not working from the wall socket. Not been able make calls or receive calls since Tuesday. Workmen were in the area of ST2 that day, so had about 5 internet down times during the day. I had a DM on Wednesday from a Alex_RM, hes not replied to me since. I cant call VM up, even the chat on VM website is useless, been waiting since 11:05am for an actual live agent, at 15:00 still waiting. Trying the whatsapp chat its just the same as the VM chat. I supposed to be being switched over in September for my phone to be connected to my router. This really getting annoying, been with virgin media about 19 years. Can anyone please help?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stokie_Potter 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and so sorry to hear about the issue with your landline. 

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Stokie, they're a lost cause 😞 I've been an 'avid' since the early days of Cable & Wireless, but Virgin have now destroyed all faith I had, as STILL the newly 'hub' connected landlines return an engaged tone when dialling my mobile, which I then check, no missed call showing, but on calling the home landline it'll wake up & be able to reach my mobile. I've made numerous calls to them about this, described by them as a "bug, but it's sorted now". It's not, so when they said this morning they wanted £55 to book an engineer, I told them about the monkey & his nuts, then served them noticed & joined Sky. Guess what, it's costing me half as much for the same package, happy days 🙂

messaged u about an hour ago travis.

Hi Meliahouse, i've never had any problem getting help till this past week, been without my landline since tuesday, family been trying ring me too. its been a complete mess and time wasting trying the live chat. its been a complete joke tbh.

Thank you @Stokie_Potter 

The PM's are not an instant service but as soon as the agent can they will pop back to you so we can look into this.