cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone on landline

America81
Tuning in

Hi, my step father has a virgin media land line. This does not come via the broadband hub, it comes into the house via a BT type connection. For the last week he has had no dial tone. I have carried out the checks, unplug everything, check for dial tone, but still no dial tone. I have also checked via the test socket, still no dial tone. 
Will somebody please test the line for him?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As far as I can see, he has some pre contract documents for broadband and landline. It doesn’t appear to mention fibre phone lines. Another point to mention is the fact he is partially sighted, and also has mobility problems. For this reason he has four landlines, one in each room. How would fibre landline affect these please? He has had these pre contract docs since the 17th of May. This does not leave much time to either  sort the problem, or move to another provider. Thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @America81 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀 

We're sorry to hear about the problem your stepfather is having 😔

Has he received any correspondence regarding changing to a new fibre phone line? If so, has he received an adapter to plug into the back of the Hub?

More information on fibre phone lines can be found here

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready.

Regards,
Daniel

As far as I can see, he has some pre contract documents for broadband and landline. It doesn’t appear to mention fibre phone lines. Another point to mention is the fact he is partially sighted, and also has mobility problems. For this reason he has four landlines, one in each room. How would fibre landline affect these please? He has had these pre contract docs since the 17th of May. This does not leave much time to either  sort the problem, or move to another provider. Thanks

Hi @America81, thank you for your response. 

Can you please confirm whether your stepfather has received an adapter to plug into the back of the Hub? If so, did he receive any documentation along with this? 

Given he has four handsets, we may need to arrange for a technician to be sent out. 

Regards,
Daniel

No he tells me he has not received an adapter. Also as he is partially blind and has mobility issues, should he not be on a vulnerable person list? Thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @America81 

Thanks for your response and my apologies for the inconvenience.

I am going to drop you a private message now to confirm some further details and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs