cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone on landline

madhouse25
Joining in

I lost dial tone on my two landlines just prior to Christmas. I purchased a set of new phones but still unable to get dial tone and make calls. The phones are working fine otherwise. If you ring home number it rings the phone but all you get is a noise. To the person calling it sounds like call is going through and a message can be left. This message cannot be picked up on the receiving phone. I have done checks and it says equipment fine, but it obviously isnt. I would like an engineer to have a look but seems impossible to speak to anyone and report a fault. Help please. Should mention I am nearly 80 so investigating wiring beyond me. I have checked and received plugs. Help please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi madhouse25,

Thank you for chatting with me via PM. 

Please do let me know how the visit goes, and if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

All the best,

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi madhouse25,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you currently have no dial tone and you've been struggling to reach us. Provided there's no outage causing this in your area, we can look into getting an engineer round to take a look. Thanks for trying everything you can at your end.

I've sent you a private message so I can take some details - you'll be able to access my message at the purple envelope icon :). See you there.

Thanks

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi madhouse25,

Thank you for chatting with me via PM. 

Please do let me know how the visit goes, and if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

All the best,

Beth