cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone on landline

rjmarks
Joining in

Landline has been down since yesterday - no dial tone, unable to make or receive calls. Tried with two different phones plugged in (one after the other), no change.

The phone socket is the traditional standard type, but I tried rebooting the Hub anyway, no change.

Any help would be welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing me with the requested information via private message rjmarks. 

We have gone ahead and booked a technician visit to investigate the issue further. 

To check the appointment or make amendments to the date, please wait for 30 minutes and then access the details via the My Virgin Media account here

Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rjmarks, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your phone service, we will do all we can to help. 

Can you please confirm that the cables in to the handset and master socket are secure and without damage? 

Also, can you please check for any known issues here?

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Nat

The cables seem ok, and no known issues are reported on service status.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for checking and confirming. 

With this being the case, I would like to take a look from my side so I am going to pop you over a a private message to take a few details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon,

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing me with the requested information via private message rjmarks. 

We have gone ahead and booked a technician visit to investigate the issue further. 

To check the appointment or make amendments to the date, please wait for 30 minutes and then access the details via the My Virgin Media account here

Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, 

Nat