Menu
seawarde
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone on landline

Hi

For the past two days, I have had no dial tone on my landline. I have tried calling it from another phone and all I get is the engaged tone. I have disconnected the phones that I use, (two sockets) and tried two other handsets, no difference.Checking the phone status online corresponds with line being engaged.

I tried reporting it via another landline, (as my mobile is PAYG and it would cost me 55p p/minute). After 25 minutes waiting, I gave up and choose to report the fault via the web, using an SMS provided URL option. Ploughing through the various steps to report the fault, I am then informed that home visits cannot be booked online, due to the Covid crisis.

Please advise as to how I arrange a home visit?

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on landline

Hi @seawarde,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your landline service lately. To clarify, are you getting no dial tone or an engaged dial tone? I ask because you mentioned having both.

Can you also clarify what happened and what was discussed when you raised this online, I assume via our live chat support tool?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
seawarde
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach

Thank you for your promptness. I have no dial tone on either of the handsets. I have disconnected the phones, tried different hand sets, no difference. However, if I try calling my home phone from another phone, I get an engaged tone.

I did not try to raise the fault via the online chat, I used the URL provided as an option when calling the support desk, (www.virginmedia.com/help/faults?tid=615352654569).

Thank you

Chris

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @seanwarde,

Thank you for getting back to me on this so quickly and clarifying the situation a little further.

May I ask if you're connecting your landline service to the network via a phone socket in the wall, or via the router?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
seawarde
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach,

It's via wall mounted sockets, one in the front room, one in the rear.

Many thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @seawarde,

Thank you for clarifying and confirming.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that I can acquire some additional details from you, and from there we can assist you further. Please respond to this at your convenience.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @seawarde,

Thank you for replying to the private message earlier.

Following our discussion here, I've arranged for a technician visit to go ahead so that they can investigate what's going on and get this resolved ASAP for you.

We're unable to confirm the date/time publicly for security reasons, but you can check your booked appointment via your My Virgin Media online account and reschedule it if needed.

If you or anyone in the property exhibits flu-like symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 in the interim, please reschedule the appointment accordingly.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
seawarde
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach,

Thank you for your rapid assistance.

Kind regards

Seawarde

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @seawarde,

You're more than welcome.

If there's anything else that we can assist you with, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos