Menu
donnydo82
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone on landline

From an annoyed customer again!!

I have been without my landline for over a week now. I have no dial tone yet again. I have completed all your checks, changed phones, looked at the service status of my area and without a landline, can not get through to your customer services. 

Could you look into this as I feel this is unacceptable!

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on landline

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

You can wait for one of the forum team to get to this thread and they will be able to help. However as it is 5:30pm on Christmas Eve they are unlikely to respond until well into next week.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello donnydo82

Sorry to hear you have a fault with your landline 

And thanks for running all the checks 

I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

donnydo82
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Well I would tell you how my appointment from the engineer went, if they had bothered to show up!! I left my work early to make i was home and they didn't even show up.

So thats now 4 and a half weeks without a landline, how about I stop paying the bill to claim back the amount it has cost me to use my mobile to make calls?

Shocking customer service!!
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @donnydo82 

thank you for coming back to us, I have taken a look into this and can see the notes from the engineer and there was some work completed outside of the property. 

If you are still experiencing the issues with not having a dial tone then please do let me know and I will book another engineer visit. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
donnydo82
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I'm sorry but I still have no phone line, I have run tests on the phone and the results have come back inconclusive. I was informed in the last post, after arranging for an engineer to come to my property, that said engineer didn't come to my property, however, he came to the switchboard and I have no idea what he has done?? 

This time I would like an engineer to arrive at my property and solve my phone line issue as this is now over 6 weeks without a phone!!!

Could you message me to resolve this!!!

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning donnydo82,

Thanks for your update and I'm terribly sorry to see you didn't have an engineer coming into your property and that the landline is still not working.

Looking into your account it seems that a engineer visit is in place for you and you can find details of the engineer booking via your self-care account. You will also be able to rearrange the visit is required via the self-care account also

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
donnydo82
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good Evening, 

Well, it would be a good evening if I had a working phone line that I'm still without. Oh, it must be over 2 months now. 

I had an engineer come to my house nearly 3 weeks ago now to resolve the issue. He couldn't resolve the issue as the wire was broken at the service box and said that a technician engineer was coming out but couldn't give a timeline as "they come out when they like". 

Could you advise me, if they have been out?, also my phone STILL DOESN'T RING!

So I have paid near on £80 for a service that I have no use of!! How do I go about claiming some of this money back as I'm disgusted with the service that you have provided me with? If your broadband services weren't so good, I would have given up by now and gone to another company, however, your broadband service is perfect for my family. 

Apologises for the bluntness, however, I am at my wits end with this now!

Have a good evening!!!

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi donnydo82

Thanks for coming back to us.

I am sorry it's not fixed yet. I've contacted a colleague who's checked the switch and everything is working from our side. 

This does mean a tech is needed so apologies it cannot be fixed remotely. I've booked in the first available slot for you here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos