cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone on landline connected to router

Smiley_Neil
On our wavelength

A technician visited last Tuesday and connected my landline phone to the Hub router, using the adapter sent in the post. He later enabled it and I had a dial tone, was able to ring the phone and everything was working. Today it isn't working, I have no dial tone and can't use the phone. I have rebooted the router and have internet (hence being able to write this from a desktop PC) but still no dial tone on the phone. The only difference is that the green wifi light keeps coming on, sometime flickering, then going off again. Wifi still seems to be working, phones are connecting and have internet.

Help?

5 REPLIES 5

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Smiley_Neil.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you are having phone issues and the delay in this reply. Can I ask is this still ongoing or has it settled since the reboot of your Hub? 

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Sabrina

Smiley_Neil
On our wavelength

Hi Sabrina,

This morning the hub still had a periodic green wifi light, so I rebooted it again and that problem seems to have resolved. But the phone is still dead.

Neil

Hi @Smiley_Neil.

Thanks for the update. We are going to have to bring you in for a private message and run some diagnostics. Please lookout for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Plant
Tuning in

Hope you get your phone sorted soon. I am nervous for tomorrow...Virgin media coming to switch my landline over to over the router. I am anxious in case any problems with the new phone. Mobile reception in my home is very poor.

Fingers crossed for you..and me!

Smiley_Neil
On our wavelength

Yes, it's all sorted now thanks to Virgin technical support.