Menu
Aldo65
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone on house phone

I was having trouble with my Internet at this location so I tried another supplier to see the difference. Before I cancelled the virgin Internet, I wanted to make sure that it was worth the difference. It wasn't. I have since stopped the other broadband and since then I have no dial tone on my house phone. It is my main source of communication so getting it fixed is a priority for me. Hope someone can help. 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on house phone

Hello Aldo65,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about your no dial tone from your landline and understand you're keen on getting it resolved. I've taken a peek at your details and can see that that your services are pending reconnect. This may explain why there is no dial tone due to the landline not being enabled on our network.

Are you able to check your online account for the date of the re-connection? If not, let us know as we can confirm for you. 

Whilst looking at your details, I've checked the number and can confirm that a different number will be assigned to your account. I was going to amend it so you can keep your old number but it appears to be still active with the other Operator. If you wish to keep the same number, because it's a Virgin Media owned number, please ask the other Operator to cancel the line so we can add it back onto our network. Even if it's a Virgin Media owned number, we wouldn't be able to add it onto your account as it was exported when they requested for the port.

I would advise that you contact them even if you're happy with a new number to avoid having services with two different operators.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos