Menu
Maryann5678
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone on home phone

We and our neighbours don't have a dialling tone on our phone but can't get through to tell anyone. Obviously a network issue. Website says there is no issue but that's because no-one can get through to tell them. The phone service won't accept my password and i can't sit by my computer for 24 hours in case they decide to reply to my online chat query. This is very frustrating and very bad customer service. Any suggestions?  We are in Northamptonshire. Anyone else out there with the same problem?

As they are a communications company I don't understand how Covid affects this - surely it can be arranged for folks to work from home?

angelfish42
Tuning in
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on home phone

Hi

I am experiencing the same issue with my home phone.   I want to contact Virgin Media and like yourself cannot sit by laptop for 24 hours.  Also I cannot use the Virgin Media Outage map on the website to see if there are any issues.  I am in Buckinghamshire

Can anyone help us?

Karen

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maryann5678,

Thank you for your first post and welcome to the community forum 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your landline service. I've been able to find the back end of your services and we can see that something is blocking the service somewhere on the network. This will require an engineer visit to resolve, so I've got ahead and booked in an engineer appointment for you. We can't confirm the time slot publicly so please log in to your online account here to view your allocated time slot.

Please let me know how things go from there and if you need anything else from us in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Hefalump
Tuning in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

It's very difficult to communicate with this communication company because.....1. If you can't dial out you can't make a call. 2. No where have I seen a text number to contact VM. 3. No e-mail address to report a fault.
Maybe snail mail could be the last resort?
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear you are also facing problems with your landline service.

I've been able to locate your account and it looks like your currently affected by an area outage which is causing the landline problems. The good news is, is that it's estimated to be fixed at around 9pm tonight, so please check the line again for me after 9pm and let us know how things are then.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
angelfish42
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

Thanks for letting me know

Will keeping checking as the landline is quite important to us.   

Regards

Karen

0 Kudos
Maryann5678
Tuning in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth for the reply but this still means I will be 4 days without a landline - again I'm not impressed by this service but at least you have replied and done something. I have family that I need to keep in touch with for all sorts of reasons especially just now and they include an elderly mother 80 miles away who is not in a care home.  As is usual my mobile has limited free minutes each month.  I rely on my landline. Will we be charged for this call-out because the problem is not of our making - it is a network problem because our neighbours have the same issue?

Kind regards

Mary-Ann

0 Kudos
Linda5459
Joining in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Received an incoming call this afternoon that stopped ringing before it could be answered. Since then there has been no dial tone on the phone. We have tried all the suggestions/tests etc, different phone, but no change. It is important that we have a working landline as our alarm system uses the line to send signals to the monitoring station. Blackpool area.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Maryann5678,

We wouldn't seek to charge you for the call out, we would only do this if this was a special order request - which is usually a request to relocate equipment in a customers property

Looking into the account, there doesn't appears to be an outage. we will however fully investigate this via the engineer visit 

If you need anything else from us, do feel free to drop us a response

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
angelfish42
Tuning in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

Just to let you know that I now have a phone line, but it is really bad and crackly - when I used it this morning I could not hear the other end very well at all. It sounded like when I had a bad mobile signal!

Are you still working on the issues that you had?

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos