Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the landline issue.
Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo.
Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to your phone socket? This may include:
• Other telephones
• Personal Computers
• Satellite TV digiboxes
• ADSL modem or router
• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
• Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
• Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.
Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill
Thank you @Garypac
And just to clarify please, were you able to check a different handset?
Can you also ensure the handset is in the holder correctly and turned on?
Please pop back to us when you can.
Vikki - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide
Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your landline – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.
There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.