Menu
IanStruthers
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone - landline GU15 area

Not getting a dial tone on my landlines (any handset) this afternoon, after this morning's failure & recovery of the VM broadband service in the GU15 area.

Is anyone else having  this issue please?

BTW I've tried VM's self-test option on their website, but it loops around the tests (network, my connection, my account, ...) several times then crashes with a timeout error.

aniket
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No dial tone - landline GU15 area

Hi, same here, I am in GU15 area as well. Everything went down mid-morning. Broadband starter working a couple of hours later. But, land line has no dial time - assume still dead. No way to call Virgin 150 without a working phone. And yes, the online self help diagnosis does not work. I have also tried calling the home phone number from my mobile (when I have a signal) and the call ends quickly with three beeps - suggesting nothing at the other end.

Virgin folks - please fix! My parents live with me and are in their 70s. We got a text from our doctors last week saying they will be calling patients in their age group from Monday to schedule COVID-19 vaccinations. This is CRITICAL to get fixed! Home phone number is the primary method as cell phone signal in our area is awful.

0 Kudos
IanStruthers
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply aniket.

Like you, I was unable to contact VM directly.

Good(?) to know I'm not the only one with this landline issue today.

mssib
Settling in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just seen this one.

WE have had no landline since early morning. Also broadband was not working properly.

Unable to contact Virgin?

Using the diagnostic test was a waste of time as it just kept going round and round.

When will our phone be fixed?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mssib,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your services, I have tried to have a look our end however was unable to find your account with the details we have, 

Is there anything showing on our Service Status that may be causing these issues?

I will be more than happy to look closer, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
IanStruthers
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone still not working this morning, but now VM's Service Status page reads:

Phone
Think something's wrong?
Run test

Your loss of service has been successfully registered. If you're eligible for bill credit, it will automatically display on your bill. Visit our Help Page for more information on this.
Make sure your contact details are up to date, so that we can keep you in the loop.

You might find that your Virgin Phone service isnt working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem.

Fix estimate
19 January 12:40

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian,

There is currently a outage which is effecting your phone line, Please see below for more information. 

Fault

The fault was raised on 19/01/21 @ 08:54 estimated fix by 19/01/21 @ 12:40 , Ticket number F008749798.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
IanStruthers
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My landline phone working again now, thanks (12:20)

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the update glad your phone is now working, if you have any further issues please let us know.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos