Menu
led10
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone, how do I report a fault??

Third attempt to notify Virgin that my landline is not working - no dial tone and not able to make or receive calls.  Been 5 days now can somebody please help!

0 Kudos
Danny08
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone, how do I report a fault??

Hello,

Just give our Customer Care team a call on 150 from your Virgin Media Phone or from your Mobile, call 0345 454 1111 – Select option 2.
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I do wish before people replied to posts that they might think about what they are saying. There is no dial tone on this line. That means the line can't be used to dial. There should be no automatic assumption that people have mobiles and if you are going to phrase a reply using words like "our customer services team" it clearly indicates that you are staff member. As such you should know that you are required by your terms of service to declare that in your signature and make it clear that your advice is given personally and not on behalf of VM. 

As for the issue, the original poster should wait here for a Forum Team member to pick up the thread They are responding quickly  to fault issues like this. They can arrange a tech. But they will ask whether the line has been tested with a different phone first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
led10
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You have summed up the issue perfectly!  Each time I get the standard reply - ring us - which is infuriating!

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad you think so. It's no better when trying to report a fault to BT. Have you tested the line with another phone. Beg or borrow one if you need to. Answer here too.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
led10
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I've plugged in a different phone, still nothing.  And the Virgin "run test" link doesn't work, just gets "oops broken link" message.  Going around in circles and honestly don't know what to do next ...

0 Kudos