Re: No dial tone, crackle on line

Same in the EH54 area. 

0 Kudos
ohbytheway
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Managed to make an appointment for an engineer to come and sort it tomorrow, then received a text message asking me if I have been shielding. As it happens I have so Virgin tells me the engineer cannot come into my premises, only fault find from outside! Don't Virgin know shielding was suspended nearly two weeks ago! I tried to talk to someone at customer services but after 60 minutes hanging on and hearing the music on hold loop through a dozen times I was cut off! I understand a shortage of people answeriung the phones, but that's a financial decision and nothing to do with Covid! It's hard enough to find an actual phone number but to then be abused like this is unreasonable at best. A not very happy customer. I have been thinking of leaving now I'm out of contract an d things like this just strengthen my resolve.

0 Kudos
PLANIT
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh how I feel your pain and know exactly where you are coming from. It would be easier to establish contact with aliens that get hold of a real live human being at Virgin Media. For a so called communications company the irony is just unbelievable!
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello ohbytheway and sorry to hear about the cancelled appointment to check your landline. I've had a look at your details and can see that an engineer visited after you posted. Is your landline okay now or are you still experiencing issues with it? If so, please tell us more so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
ohbytheway
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Young engineer arrived and discovered multiple problems, some which I was not aware of. His simplistic answer was to transfer the number to a VOIP service via the Virgin router, which is working OK. So problem solved, but I'm not sure if the solution arrived at was strictly necessary.

0 Kudos