Menu
PeterG74
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone & crackles... cannot ring in.

Hello,

My home phone seems to have been broken for a while. People have told me that my phone was always engaged when they tried to ring. I don't use the phone often at all to ring out so I have no idea how long it has been like this (other then being told that people couldn't ring my homephone for a few weeks). When I tried to use it all I could hear was crackles. I couldn't hear any other noise & couldn't ring out. When I tried to ring the phone from my mobile it just came up as engaged (tried on 3 different days to see if problem had just been something that got fixed from Virginmedia end).

I made sure that the wires were still connected correctly (they were). I have tried testing this problem by getting 3 different phones & 2 different sets of wires but it's always the same.

So after following the checks that we are asked to do, and even trying on multiple devices.... with no changes at all, I am asking for help on here. I have no idea how long my phone has actually been broken & how much money on line rental has been wasted but I would like to get it fixed asap as I may have been missing hospital calls about my healthcare.

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone & crackles... cannot ring in.

Hi PeterG74, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums, It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your landline. From what you've posted, it sounds like you've already done all the checks we would need you to do so I can jump in and book an engineer for you right away 🙂 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PeterG74,

Thanks for coming back to me via the Forums.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

PeterG74
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. That appointment timeframe will be fine.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeterG74, 

That's perfect. 

Please pop back and let us know how the visit goes and if you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

PeterG74
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just letting you know that the engineer fixed my phoneline. He changed me over from a traditional phoneline to a line that comes straight out of my router. Thank you for your help in all of this Kath_F 🙂

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the update PeterG74.

Glad to hear everything is now back up and running, we will certainly pass on your thanks to Kath_F for you.

If you need any further assistance please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos