Menu
Chappers1982
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone & cannot connect calls

For the last few months i have been having intermittent issues with my phone line.

For a while the line was just crackling all the time but then we noticed that when it rained that it would lose signal and the phone would display "check phone line" and we would have no dial tone

recently the dial tone has gone completely and we are unable to make outgoing calls.

Confusingly, when i call from my mobile, i can get incoming calls to the handset but when i answer on the home phone, the call doesnt connect. my mobile keeps ringing and i can hear the echo of the ringing tone through my home phone handset

I have read that some errors are down to water getting into the phone cables or cabinets external to the property

I have run the service status for my phone line which either comes up with "all ok" or "tests are inconclusive"

I have have replaced the phone cable since purchasing these new phones and even tested it with old phones and the issue persists

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone & cannot connect calls

Hi Chappers1982,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your landline service. I've run diagnostics and have been alerted of an engineer appointment has already been set. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos