Menu
ariedan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone after a power cut

Besides a small powercut this morning in the street, everything else is working as normal apart from there is no dial tone at all on the house phone, I can do intercom calls internally,  I can't phone from my mobile to the house phone it just cuts off, other family members can't get through.

I've turned the base station off and left it for ten minutes, reseated all the cables to no avail, I've tried a new BT-RJ11 lead from the wall socket to the phone base to no avail.

Service Status says there's no faults, when quite clearly something is amiss somewhere.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone after a power cut

Hi ariedan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry your phone isn't working after a power cut.

Have you been able to try a different handset to make sure this hasn't blow, are any of your neighbors facing the same issue?

If it is effecting others in your area you can check here to see if there are any know issues and to get an update on when this will be fixed.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
ariedan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I've tried 2 other handsets, a few neighbors are experiencing an issue too but the status page indicates that there's nothing wrong.

:edit: Area Reference 04 if that helps

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ariedan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with you phone line after a power cut ,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos