cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dailing tone on landline

SCH118
Joining in

We have no dailing tone on our landline. If you ring the number from another phone it gives the

engaged tone. Looking back through the calll list it has been over a week since a call was

made successfully to our landline, so may have been down a while

7 REPLIES 7

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SCH118

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the phone line.

Do you have another handset you can try?

Are you connected via the master socket or extension please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

We have three cordless phones and I have tried each one, all the same.

The base is connected to the master socket, I have tried taking it out and putting back in.

I have also rebooted the router in case that was the problem.

Thanks for coming back to us SCH118,

If you do not have an alternative handset to try and still have no dialling tone, we will need to book an engineer for you.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details and get this booked in for you.

Please click the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

jbyrd
Joining in
  • Have you recently had a new Hub? When I got the latest one I had this problem. I mentioned it to their engineer who was repairing something else, and he said it’s because my phone was a bit old.
  • I searched online & found phones need to be able to have (? Can’t remember what it is, but most modern phones have it - search for problems with new hubs, think O2 stopped them for a while to sort problem ages ago)…..sorry can’t be more specific, not well today.
  • Anyway, bought new cheap landline phone with this feature, and hey presto, all sorted.
  • Hope this might be useful 

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I have had my hub 5 for over a year now and phones have been fine until now.

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information SCH118

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi. 

All sorted after the visit, phone has been changed to VOIP using the adapter into the hub.