Menu
AeA__AeA
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No callet id or 1471 pn landline

A vehicle crashed into the junction  box up the road some months ago and we lost all connections. All repaired but since then we get no caller id or 1471 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No callet id or 1471 pn landline

Hi AeA__AeA,
Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

It may be an issue on your account which we need IT to look into, but we will try our best to get it sorted for you 🙂

I'll send you a PM now so we can chat further about this.

Speak soon.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi AeA__AeA,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I am glad I managed to get your landline features issue resolved 🙂

However I understand you've also got an issue with your On Demand and Netflix services on your TV box.

We've already covered how it's connected to the internet which is via WIFI so that's fine.

Can I now ask what appears on the screen when you try to use these apps? 

Do they load up but an error message comes on screen? 

Or is it just a case that they're freezing and buffering? 

Thanks 🙂

Megan_L

0 Kudos
AeA__AeA
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so I've actually looked and there is a white cable going to the virgin box.

The app loads up generally ok and then freezes. Netflix very often only loads to 25%.

Other times all apps will work again if I come out completely. I do this 3-4 times sometimes and then give up. I also get the message Smart hub updating but by keep trying it lets me in.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey AeA__AeA,

Thanks so much for coming back to me again, that's really helpful information for me and it's helped me pin point the issue!

I can see that the input levels on your TV box on my system are out of spec, I know that sounds a bit jargony but basically all I need to do is get an engineer booked in for you who will resolve it 🙂

I'll need to ask you some health questions and see what date/time is best for you in a PM again. 

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi AeA__AeA,

Thanks for answering my questions in our PM again 🙂

Once the engineer visits can you come back to me on here so me and my team can continue to support you if you need it?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
AeA__AeA
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Of course, will do.

0 Kudos
AeA__AeA
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just to update you on the visit by the Virgin Engineer last Friday.  He assured me that everything was in order and that the internet connection from the modem/hub was probably not getting to the lounge(s) adequately and recommended boosters to help with this.  I searched the internet and sourced and they are now up and running and thought all was well but I was watching Netflix last night and the screen froze. The message was that I wasn't connected to the internet.  I refreshed and went back in and all was fine.  I will have to wait and see before I can say, for certain, the problem is solved.

0 Kudos
AeA__AeA
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix etc freezing

Hi

I didn't really want to come back to you but since the engineer called some two weeks ago things have been fine after purchasing boosters (not cheap ones) but over the last few days the same problem is happening.

As the engineer said everything was in order from his perspective, I am not so sure.  The message I get is that I am not connected to the internet. Excuse my complete ignorance but does that mean my Virgin Internet connection or my wifi?  Anyway whatever it is the problem hasn't been resolved.  Also it always takes a good minute for the various Netflix etc to apps to log in.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks

Ann

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix etc freezing

Hi Ann,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear you have been having a few issues again, I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues at all which may be causing your connection issues, I has noticed that you haven't rebooted your router for 13 days, please unplug from the power leveave 2 minute then plug back in and see if this makes a difference.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos