Menu
Beden
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No adapter to connect landline phone to new hub 3

We've just signed up to a new package for Internet, TV and Phone. As part of that we were shipped a new Hub 3 router, in the started package there was no new phone cable or phone adapter to install as per the instructions.

Our phone which was connected to the old wall socket using a "BT" plug/socket is no longer working and we have no way to plug it into the new Hub 3. I've been to Screwfix to buy a replacement cable which fitted at both ends and has RJ11 but the Hub 3 isn't recognising our phone. When I've logged into the Hub 3 from my PC it is showing Telephony as Disabled which I'm hoping is because its not recognising the Screwfix cable.

Do you have any engineers in the area who could drop an adapter off please, or can you advise how I can enable Telephony on the Hub 3.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No adapter to connect landline phone to new hub 3

Hi  @Beden

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting. 

I have had a look at your account and can see currently you do not have the VOIP service therefore an adapter is not required. 

Are you wanting the phone to connect via the hub instead of the wall socket? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Beden
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ayisha_B

Apologies, I thought this was because our phone had been switched over to connect to the hub but it looks like the phone service is down in our area! I'll wait until this issue has been resolved and check again to see if the phone starts working again in the existing wall socket.

I'll leave the phone as it is connected to the wall socket please.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @Beden

Aah yes, I can see we expect to have that repaired by 20:30 this evening.

Do keep us posted 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos