Menu
sue33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Virgin answer phone or 1471

Following engineer visit and Network problem the dialing tone changed from pulse to continuous and we had no caller ID or caller display this was eventually rectified but we still have continuous dialing tone plus no Answerphone and no 1471. I have spent 2 hours on the phone to people working from home who have not helped but keep saying it is settings in my phone but I don't have any settings in two phones that are affected and it was ok until the engineer visit. I have been with Virgin media since Noah built the ark almost well over 30 years and being unable to speak to anyone who can help is making me want to leave as it is so frustrating now.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Virgin answer phone or 1471

Hi sue33,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear your answer machine and 1471 feature have not been working since your landline issue was fixed, it's disappointing to hear you haven't been able to get some help with this.

I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can take some details and look into these issues for you. Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sue33,

Thanks for confirming your details over PM.

It looks like your answer machine and 1471 features fell off of the switch when your landline was fixed, for some reason. I've re-added them on for you now, so they should now be working fine.

Can you please just check them for me and let me know if you have any further problems?

Thanks,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
sue33
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for your help Beth everything is working perfectly again now and after so much frustration on the phone trying to get it sorted I can't tell you how great it is to have found this forum and to have got the problem fixed by you so quickly I really appreciate your help.

Kindest regards

Sue

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sue, 

I am pleased to hear this is now working perfectly again 🙂

Thanks for the lovely feedback for Beth too, I have passed this on. 

You know where we are if you need us!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos