cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Show for Numerous scheduled Appointments to replace outside cable

dadachu
Joining in

My landline is dead and the issue was originally reported 3 months ago.

I had an initial engineer visit who said the cables (Phone,TV and Broadband) needed replacing and told me someone would be out soon to do this work.

3 months later i still have no landline.

Eventually after much delay and several re-scheduled appointments, engineers came out on 14/12/2021 and replaced the TV & Broadband cable but told me they couldn't replace the Phone cable as they were not competent enough to connect it, to the box on my wall outside, as they were unsure as to how the previous engineer had wired it. They told me they would report back and arranged for a competent engineer to come out and replace the phone cable.

I subsequently had a call from the company contracted to replace the cables to ask if the works had been completed satisfactorily. I told the lady that the phone cable had not been replaced and my landline was still dead. She said she would report back to Virgin media that the works had not been completed.

Since then i have contacted Virgin Media on numerous occasions and keep being told dates the work has been re-scheduled 22nd,23rd,24th,27th and now 28th. I have spoken to numerous call handlers both within the UK and without, all are very apologetic and keep re-assuring me the the work is scheduled, usually for the day i phone.

When is an engineer actually going to come out and fix my problem?

Virgin Medias customer service and communication on this issue has been appalling.

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dadachu

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am really sorry to hear of the telephone cable fix delay.

I'll happily send you a PM to get some details and hopefully set the wheels in motion on fixing this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Reply to your PM has been sent thanks