Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

'No Line'

I moved over to VM in the middle of last week and followed the instructions to install broadband and home phone. The broadband works great but I have no dial tone on the home phone and the display just says 'no line.'

I've tried the troubleshooter which gives me the message; 'We've found an issue with your phone number being out of sync with the rest of your equipment.'

Anybody encountered this and know the solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'No Line'

Hi, when you switched did you bring your home phone number from another provider?

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Morning, yes I requested to transfer my home number as well.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your postg ShardenHome.

If your services have all been activated correctly could you please go through our landline troubleshooting page and let us know how this goes? 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

So I've just tried that test again and gotten to this message; 'Looks like there's no phone connected
Our test indicates that there's no phone connected to its dock. This is not necessarily a fault, as some modern devices can look like this during tests.

Why not try calling from the Hub directly?

Firstly, check that the phone is properly connected to its dock. If it is, try plugging a handset directly into a phone socket in the back of your Hub and making a call.'

I have had to select unable to check as I cannot plug the handset directly into the hub. It is a docked style phone which then led me to the following message; 'Looks like we need to investigate further
Our tests haven't shown what the issue is. If you're still experiencing issues, just give our friendly team a call.'
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any alternative handset which can plug into the main phone socket which would either be on the wall of in the back of your Hub? If so could we test it with this one plugged in please?

Let us know.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

I don't have alternative handsets I can try but I have tried the test both by attaching the dock to the back of the router and to the phone socket attached to the wall, both without success.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you plugged the RJ11 to BT adapter into the TEL 1 socket and connected your handset to the adapter?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roger,

That's done the trick. Thanks a lot. 🙂
0 Kudos