Menu
JDQ
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Landline

How do you report a fault on a landline when it's not working yet checking the service status on the web site indicates there is no fault?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Landline

Hi JDQ,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you and get it reported, the first things we need to do is troubleshoot using these links below – 

No Dial Tone
Outgoing/Incoming Calls
I also want to ask a few questions just to make you’re your home setup is all okay, can you please tell me – 

• Is there a dial tone or what do you hear when pick up the receiver (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
  • If your phone is plugged into the mains or an extension lead?
  • Is your handset plugged into Hub or the VM wall socket? 
  • If it is your HUB, how is this performing? The landline works through the HUB in some cases, so if your internet has gone off, your phone line might have ceased to work too.
  • Have you got a different handset to test the line with? If yes, please have a go and let me know if it improves things.
  • Can other people call you? If they are having issues contacting you, please let me know who their provider is.

Thanks so much,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
JDQ
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Megan L.

I had the problem resolved by one of your what sounded like an Indian colleague after being on hold for approximately 90 minutes. It would appear that there was a fault on the line which he was able to rectify from his end. All the questions you asked were answered by me when I eventually got an operator to speak to, essentially no problems with my equipment/installation. The issue apart from having no landline was being able to report the fault in the first place.

Perhaps you could advise how to report faults.

Regards

JDQ

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for replying and the update, JDQ,

Glad to hear this was resolved for you. You can report faults through any of these methods:

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Ammocamo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no landline, 8 days, plugged into main phone socket on wall, internet all works, no dialtone, phone all working, tried to report fault for 5 days, got through to operator once, they put me on hold for 35 mins then hung up.Been on phone for 2 and a half hours so far, been all round the various web pages, help anyone ?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ammocamo, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry that you've had some issues with the landline, I can assure you it's not the level of service we aim to provide. 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and I've decided to book an engineer for you, all of the details can be found via your online account. If there is any issues with the visit booked then you can reschedule your online account. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team