Menu
nick201
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No Landline

Well realised that my VM Landline was dead about 11:30am today, checked the website and went through the 'check service status' no apparent issues. So call them from my mobile, enter all my details through the keypad when i'm informed they have checked my 'service status' and found no issues so I need to speak to an operator, hang on for about 15mins listening to music..... decide to use the online chat portal.  So logon and start a chat at 13:20 have to enter all my details (OK I understand), at 13:27 an operator picks up the chat, firstly she would like me to enter all my details..... OK so I do that she then checks my service status and finds no issues, so she needs to transfer me to the technical team, I say OK and she transfers me at 13:30, at 13:42 one of the technical team picks up the chat and 'asks me to enter all my details' ..... OK I do this to keep everything moving he checks the service status and finds no issues (you get the drift here) and says he thinks its a technical issue, he asks me whether I'm at home to which I answer 'yes' the time is 13:50 ..... it is now 15:05 so i've been on to VM for 3.5 hours and I'm just dumped into a black hole......  what a waste of time.  Customer Service - zero.

0 Kudos
nick201
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Landline

Well started again today at 10:42, note a new phrase - "replies are not immediate, allowing you to get on with your day" !. I get through to the first agent at 10:46 so seems an improvement, but hang on .....10:49 transferred to the 'cable team' ...... 11:43 the chat is picked up and went through various checks with the agent for him to agree that the line was dead and we need to get an engineer visit scheduled, to do that he needs to pass me onto the technical team, time is now 12:23, he carefully states that he has passed the whole conversation to the team. I wait, and wait ..... 14:02 I'm contact by an agent who I assume is now the technical team but he starts the whole conversation again at the beginning I let him know that we have been through all checks and need to get an engineer visit onsite, he says if that's the case I need to .......... PHONE the Technical Team and explain the issue!!!     WHAT ..... so being on the online chat for the last three hours has been for nothing, I refuse and let him know my annoyance, and ..... oh he can get an engineer out the following day !!! I agree to this (trying to keep my blood pressure under control). And suddenly I get a Text on my mobile saying that if my phone should suddenly start working then the text them back and cancel the visit, I check the handset and ..... oh the line is back in operation ......  Virginmedia - zero out of ten !!! 

0 Kudos