cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Landline tone. Hub 5

eilish_logan
Tuning in

Hi 

Any help with this would REALLY be appreciated. So we have been with Virgin Media since March. However I have not plugged in a telephone since we moved in this house 2 1/2 years ago. We were previously with BT for about 18 months but only for internet, this is the first time we have had a landline and tbh this is just because it came with the package we wanted. I plugged in the landline (which is cordless) into the wall and got no dial tone. I then read on the forum that Virgin were moving people to Fibre phone line so I moved the phone over to our hub 5 and plugged it all in. Reset the router, waited for it to load. I then tested the phone and no dial tone still. I decided to repeat the above another 3 times and still no dial tone. I tried 2 different phones and checked my service status in my area of LS9. I am totally at a loss now, Do I need to call virgin to activate my phone or should it just work? 
frustrated is not the word. I need the phone working ASAP for personal reasons. 

thanks to anyone in advanced, that can give me ideas or help 

14 REPLIES 14

Hi I can’t find the adapter is there any chance I can have one sent out? Or can I have a link where to get one ASAP

You need a

RJ11 plug to BT socket adapter

(as per the image above) Google it and buy from a supplier of your choice. It is a generic telecoms part available online for a few pounds.

VM can/will supply one FOC but will be a period of days for delivery

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, eilish_logan.
Thanks for all the posts and replies, although we're sorry to hear you don't have an adaptor to use for the new line via fibre. 

We're happy to assist with this, in order to have a closer look into your account and help I will send you a PM here soon.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you, you are a life saver :).  X

Nic10
Tuning in

The change over doesn’t happen until November. I did notice that when I pick up my landline now, it’s quiet with no tone. So I rang my landline and it did ring. I assumed they’d turned the tone off or something.