cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Landline tone. Hub 5

eilish_logan
Tuning in

Hi 

Any help with this would REALLY be appreciated. So we have been with Virgin Media since March. However I have not plugged in a telephone since we moved in this house 2 1/2 years ago. We were previously with BT for about 18 months but only for internet, this is the first time we have had a landline and tbh this is just because it came with the package we wanted. I plugged in the landline (which is cordless) into the wall and got no dial tone. I then read on the forum that Virgin were moving people to Fibre phone line so I moved the phone over to our hub 5 and plugged it all in. Reset the router, waited for it to load. I then tested the phone and no dial tone still. I decided to repeat the above another 3 times and still no dial tone. I tried 2 different phones and checked my service status in my area of LS9. I am totally at a loss now, Do I need to call virgin to activate my phone or should it just work? 
frustrated is not the word. I need the phone working ASAP for personal reasons. 

thanks to anyone in advanced, that can give me ideas or help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Thank you so much I will try this now 🙂

Hi eilish_logan

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Please let us know if the helpful advise from goslow resolved this or if you still need some further support.

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

So all logged in and it is enabled 😞  

IMG_0444.png

Hi

it is enabled 😞 I wish it was that easy 😞 

Thank you.

Have you connected the phone using the adaptor we provided?

Can you please check here to ensure its all been set up correctly please?

Please pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki I can’t seem to open the link 😞 

Hi eilish_logan

Apologies, please try here instead. 

Vikki - Forum Team

Plug the adapter into the TEL1 socket on the VM hub and plug your phone into the adapter. As per image below

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

It is usually good advice to make sure you are using the original cables that came with your phone to connect to the VM adapter