cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Landline,again

R2_83
Tuning in

Hi,

Landline has no dial tone and, if the number is dialled from a mobile, there is silence for a short time and the mobile ends the call. I have checked the line at the main socket using a working ordinary plug-in phone and there is no dial tone. We had a 1 hour power cut last night so not sure if it has something to do with that but only noticed the dead line at 9.30pm Sat. We are in area 26, GU22 postcode. Anyone else having problems in the area? This is the 3rd or 4th time we have lost the landline, last time it needed a new cable to be run from the house to the green box, surely it can't have failed already.

Regards

R2_83

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @R2_83 👋 Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear about the problem you've been experiencing with your landline 😔

How have things been since you posted?

There are some things you can try to bring your dial tone back. Have a look at this link here 😀 Also, have you tried using a different handset to see whether that makes any difference?

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The phone started working again Sunday, I didn't do anything, it just came back. Not very hopeful its sorted though, same thing happened in October, power cut, no phone for a few days, came back, then went again, then came back etc. etc. Thanks for getting back to me though.

Regards

R2_83

Hi @R2_83 👋 No problem. That's good to hear 😀

Please continue to monitor the situation and if you have any further problems, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Daniel