cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Home Phone

R2_83
Tuning in

Hi,

Landline has no dial tone and, if the number is dialled from a mobile, the mobile reports that it is an " invalid number " I have checked the line at the main socket using a working ordinary plug-in phone and there is no dial tone. We had a 45 minute power cut last evening so not sure if it has something to do with that but only noticed at 9.30pm Weds. We are in area 26, GU22 postcode. Anyone else having problems in the area?

11 REPLIES 11

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @R2_83,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline connection!

Have you been able to run some checks on our Landline Faults page to see if this can help with your issue? 

I have taken a look at our systems and I can see that there is an active Landline Outage at the moment. The Fault number is F010162215 and the current estimated fix time is showing as 06/10/22 at 4pm. 

Please keep an eye on your landline connection to see if the issue is resolved by 4pm today. Keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina

Thanks for prompt reply, I have tried all the obvious things but is there a way from me to track the fault code you have given?

Regards

Rodge

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @R2_83,

Thank you for coming back to me. The fault number is for internal use, so that we can check it again if this issue is still active on our systems.

Have you taken a look to see if this issue is listed on our Service Status page?

Keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Yes, I have checked and it shows " no known issues "

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @R2_83,

Thank you for checking this. Sorry that this outage has not been publicly listed as of yet. Our team is already working on resolving this issue. Keep us updated on how your services are after 4pm to see if the outage has been resolved.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi,

Now 4.35 and no change, service status still says no issues.

Regards

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @R2_83,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this issue and sorry that you're still impacted by this.

I have taken a look at our systems and I can see that the fault is still ongoing and that the estimated fix time has changed to 13/10/22 at 12:55pm.

I can understand how frustrating this can be for you and I do apologise about this. Please keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

A week, wow, how can it take so long? I've been thinking about ditching the landline, this might just convince me.

Regards

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @R2_83,

Thanks for coming back. Unfortunately some faults are more complex than others and can take a little longer to be resolved. I do apologise.

This SNR issue is actually impacting your TV, broadband, and landline services as advised before. Although it may be impacting one service more than others. Keep us updated. 

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team