Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Home Phone

Hi,

My neighbour and myself have no working home phone. There's no dial tone and if I call it from my mobile, it sounds like it's ringing but there is nothing coming through on the landlines.

Service status says no problem. Checked online and again, says no problem.

Called earlier and told I need an engineer. After waiting to be put through to someone, I then had the automated message that due to Covid, customer service is closed even though the website says open until 10pm.

Please can someone offer me advice on where to go from here. Both my neighbour and I have elderly relatives that call us daily.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Home Phone

Hello Pinney68, 

thanks for posting on our forums, I am sorry you're having this issue with your landline.

I have already taken the time to look at your services from my side, my fault checker has not identified any outages in your area which means we need to do a bit more digging together. I have a few questions for you below so we can try to figure out this problem - 

-    Can you make and receive calls? Also, can you make/receive calls from VM landlines? What about non VM lines and mobile numbers?
-    Is your landline plugged into your Hub or the VM wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket if you have one?
-    Can you try a different handset if you have one?
Once you've answered these for me I should be able to see what we need to do in order to resolve this for you 🙂

Please let me know!

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

Thank you for your response. It seems to have sorted itself out now and both mine and my neighbours' home phones are back to normal.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah that's brilliant then! 

That was an easy one for me lol thanks for letting me know and if you find the issue crops up again, please let us know 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos