Menu
speshulkay55
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No Dial tone

I am in exactly the same position. I’ve tried to put in a request online but I have no idea what ‘colour  group’ I’m in and have no dialling  tone to find out. 
Help for me too please! 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial tone

Welcome to the forums @speshulkay

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

Are you able to let me know, is your issue also with no dial tone on your landline? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Dhensley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same position - have had no dial tone for days. Called Virgin Media help - waited ages, lots of menus, eventually got to an actual person, who took me through security, did a test, then passed me onto someone else. By then I have been on the line for ages and was running out of time before an important online meeting (which I had told her about) - she did another test, said the line was fine and it must be my phone.  The phone seems fine - it showed a message saying 'check phone line', which had alerted us to the problem. The woman on the Virgin 'second line' was entirely unhelpful and said her test said the line was OK. I asked her to send an engineer and she refused. 

I feel the only thing I can do now is move to Sky or BT!

0 Kudos
speshulkay55
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That’s right, there is no dial tone. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me @speshulkay55 

I have booked the engineer to visit regarding this issue, you can check out the time and date via your online account. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Dhensley

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I can see that you have spoken with us regarding this issue, are you able to confirm if they have been able to get this resolved? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
MegJake14
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem and have done for a month or so now and just keep being told there is work being done in my area. I was told 3 different dates of when the work would be completed. Today is the final deadline according the virgin media. But I have no dialling tone I can’t make calls or receive calls. I’ve only been with virgin for the last 8 months and the experience I’ve had so far wouldn’t encourage me to stay after my 12 months contract ends. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @MegJake14 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.  

I have taken a quick look over your account, whilst I can see that there is an area issue this shouldn't be effecting your landline.   

I can arrange for an engineer to come and sort this out the landline issue. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Dhensley
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

good morning Zak_M 

No it isn't solved. The person I was passed on to in your 'second line' (possibly in a call centre in India?) was extremely unhelpful and insisted that her online check said there was nothing wrong with the phone line, that it must be the phone device we are using. So I yesterday bought another phone (cost = £58.59) which arrived this morning, I charged it up and plugged it in and - no dial tone! The new phone says 'check phone line' - so the problem is exactly the same, and NOT with our home phone device - so must be with the Virgin Media equipment.

The old phone was plugged into a socket in a wall, installed by Virgin Media, which is inside a cupboard so hadn't been disturbed at all since the phone was working. Clearly it needs an engineer, unless there is a problem with the Virgin phone lines that hadn't been picked up.  Our Virgin Media broadband and Virgin Media TV is working normally.

So I think we have probably spent £58.59 unnecessarily because of wrong advice from Virgin Media - and still have no working landline!

Very, very dissatisfied!

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me @Dhensley 

I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience, I have raised for an engineer to come and get this problem sorted. You can check the time and date of the appointment via your online account

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos