Menu
DaveEagles
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone

Location Sheffield 

I have no dial tone on my landline, just a hint of crackling.

This must be a known error because it seems to happen every time we have bad weather, particularly electrical storm.

It seems to come back, usually within 24 hours but ai never find out what the cause or resolution is.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial Tone

Thanks for you post @DaveEagles, I'd like to see if we can find out some more information on this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
DaveEagles
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Strangely enough the fault went away on Sunday 28th November but after yet another night of bad weather the fault is now back again.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveEagles, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and apologies to hear this is ongoing for you. 

I can see previously my colleague did book an engineer in for you. Did they check the cabinet for a fault or as things started working did you end up cancelling the visit? 

Can you confirm if you have tried another handset in your socket? if not, can you try your handset in another socket to see if you get the same issue? 

There doesn't appear to be any issues being recorded at this end so depending on your answers to the above, we may need to book an engineer to come out. 

Let me know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DaveEagles
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I cancelled the visit because the fault went away.

I haven't tried another handset, but yes I will do that when I can get one, that may be today but I'll update this case when I have managed to do that.

The fault always happens though when there is bad weather.

Regards

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveEagles, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. 

Yes please do that and as soon as this is done, we can look at booking a new visit for you. 

Even though the fault went away, it would have been worth keeping the visit as if it was a cabinet issue, the technician could have repaired things to avoid further faults from happening. 

Not to worry, we will have a look and get a new visit booked in once we can confirm the handset is not at fault. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DaveEagles
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I’ve just borrowed another telephone and tried that, still no tone just very faint hissing

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveEagles, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one and for checking another handset. 

Based on the results we can now book an engineer to visit 🙂 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveEagles, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. 

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
DaveEagles
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for you really assistance

regards

0 Kudos