Menu
ooxenham
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone

My 88 year old mother is having problems with her landline - no dial tone. She has called the helpline and they tested it and determined that all was OK. They didnt offer any other help and she gave up. When I call her the line appears to ring but she hears nothing. I have asked her to try two different handsets and she gets no dial tone with either of them. This is causing her a lot of stress right now. She is not great at using a mobile phone and relies on the landline to keep in touch. Can anyone help out ? Can I get an engineer booked to check it or is there something else I should test first ? Incidentally her broadband Virgin TV etc are all fine. Thanks for your support.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial Tone

Good Morning ooxenham,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see your Mother has been left without a dial tone.

I'd be happy to look into the account and seek to either fix the issue remotely, or have an engineer over the take a closer look

I'll need to take some details from you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos