Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone

I have no dial tone.

Have checked it with another phone and still not working.

Can I have an enineer to check it.

Regards

bellie

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial Tone

Hi Bellie,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear that your phone line isn't working, 

Have you tried to remove everything from the socket including any extensions/ filters and try a standard phone straight into the socket ?

I have checked your services our end and cannot see anything which could be causing your phone not to work.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I will try that. thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bellie,

Thanks for getting back to me, please let us know how you get on once you have done this.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Same as me then. Disconnected 7 days and nothing fixed despite engineers visit. Virgin don't appear to be doing anything to fix it. Tried everything. Disabled and vulnerable without phone due to medical conditions.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Paul, why is virgin telling everyone there is no problem, when there obviously is. Online tests are saying everything okay but landlines are dead. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Bellie, virgin have had me changing handsets and connections for 7 days. It's there end. Nobody seems to resolve our problems.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Still no dial tone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about the dial tone issues still @bellie - I appreciate this is frustrating.

Thank you for checking the socket with another handset - can I just confirm you only have one single phone into the master socket. If you are using a cordless phone please make sure the base is powered up, however if you can try this with a corded phone into the master socket we can rule out any of these issues - do you have any fax machines, modems, digi boxes etc connected into the sockets at all? 

If not we can get a technician out to check this over for you Bellie, let us know and we'll do our best to get this resolved 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi @TWIZTWIZ 

Welcome to our community. Thank you for posting and I'm sorry to hear about the landline issues you've been having. I appreciate it's frustrating when you rely on the service. 

I can see on our system that you are having issues with the landline and that we are in the process of fixing this for you. Thank you for your continued patience, the fault is being looked into. 

Thanks,

Hollie_B 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos