Menu
starangel09
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone on Landline - Please help

Today got no dial tone on landline. I'm a carer for a 80 year old. And she is upset that she cannot use the phone. I tried ringing the landline number but I got nothing. How do you book an engineer to sort this problem out?

0 Kudos
AFewScoops
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial Tone on Landline - Please help

Hi

Was wondering if you have tested the line  with another phone?

It is not impossible to get through to VM but it is challenging during the current crisis as are many other aspects of life right now.

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Last time I had an issue with my landline I went to the service status page:

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

From there I ran the phone test and was given an option to book a tech visit online.  Anecdotal evidence on the forum suggest that this may not work now, but worth a try.

Or you can wait for one of the forum team to get to this thread, which usually also takes a few days and they can help you book a tech visit.

——————————————————
I work for Virgin Media, but all my options are my own.

REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU
**************ASK ME HOW***************
***************SEND A PM****************

If you found this information useful or please click thumbs up on Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.
THANK YOU ?
——————————————————
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial Tone on Landline - Please help

Hi Starangel09, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry that you're having some trouble with the landline I can appreciate you're keen to get this sorted. 

Can you just advise if it's your landline or the lady you care for who's landline isn't working so we can run some checks? 

In the meantime can I ask if the impacted landline is plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo
 of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo. 

Are there any other devices connected to the socket like a fax machine? If so are they working fine?

Can you also do the following checks:

•Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 

•Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 

•Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this
 is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure
 the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 

Let me know how you get on with the above and we can book an engineer if needed.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos