Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone on Home Phoneline since Yesterday Morning

Any help please, spent almost all day trying to get help via a mobile and even when I got through my call got dropped before it could be taken by the Fault section.  There is no service fault in the area, my dial tone is non existent.  Different phones have been tried in the master socket to no effect.  Callers get a ring tone when the call the number but it diverts to message.  I cannot collect the messages.  Thanks Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Dial Tone on Home Phoneline since Yesterday Morning

Hi Ashantee,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have no dial tone, I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues at all, have you been able to try a different phone, if it is part of a set please try a totally separate phone, standard phone if possible, please remove everything from the socket including any extensions or filters.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for getting back to me.  Still no dial tone this morning and I have done again this morning as you suggest, trying a different plug in phone which previously worked into the master phone socket, having disconnected all the other the wireless phones.  The traditional phone has nothing on its own and on reconnecting the wireless phones they still display a "no line" message on the displays.  I have checked all the external cabling back to the entry box and nothing appears damaged.  My broadband and cable TV continues to work as before.  I have been a customer for over 20 years and never had this problem before. 

The frustration is the circles one gets sent in.  The phone messages on hold to 'try the internet' and the internet informing one you need 'to call' to book an engineer.  The hours spent on the phone trying to get through and then when you do, the help desk runs through its processes and realises you need to speak to the fault department, and then getting dropped between the helpdesk and the fault team and having to start all over again and not being given a direct number for the Fault team as they have an internal extension only, knowing full well that you are going to get dropped and sure enough it happens.  I have elderly relatives who depend on contact with me in these difficult times which adds to the frustration!  Hey ho.  

Anyway, this problem has at least got me thinking about the service I am buying from Virgin, which at nearly £1,200 a year is a lot of money.  The test of a good company is not the service, that should be good in any event, but how it reacts / responds when things go wrong.  I will give it another go today to try and book an engineer!  All of this is costing me money on a mobile as the 0345 number is not a free phone number.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ashantee,

So I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat then I will be able to run some diagnostic checks and send a technician if required, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My many thanks to Paul for intervening and arranging a solution to my problem.  Very much appreciated.  My faith restored. Thank you, Mike

0 Kudos